Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Heavy Heart

I have many feeling welling up in my heart, but few words as I prepare to leave the place I've called home for the past four months. Yes, it will be hard. Yes, these kids unknowingly will rip my heart out as I leave. And yes, I will be back here one day, Lord-willing. It is amazing what can happen when you just invest a little time and a whole lot of love in the someone's life. For those of you, if any, who have followed me through my time here know that I see this not as the end. Quite the contrary, I see this as a great beginning to the trials, joys, and adventures that God is going to lead me through. Please be praying for the following things as I transition back into the life I once knew in America:

-Continued daily time spent with God and an enhanced prayer life.
-A place to live during the summer for the few weeks I'm in Grand Rapids.
-Commitment to my OAFA kids through work done on the U.S. side on their behalf.
-Growth in relationships and that He would give me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.
-For God's peace that surpasses all understanding to guard my heart against the schemes of the enemy.


"To God be the glory, now and forever, Amen."

2 comments: