Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting Hitched -- Indian Style

I had the privilege of attending my first Indian wedding, complete with all of the traditional dress, decorations, and rituals. Our elementary school tutor, Kondama, who spent morning and evening daily teaching our kids, personally invited us to celebrate with her. The two day wedding began with preparing the bride and giving her our blessing. The wedding day consisted of many rituals and blessings, loud music, food, and many bright lights and decorations. Let me just say that Indians sure know how to celebrate!
Raghu and I with Kondama's twin neices before the ceremony.

So precious.
The beautiful bride.Rituals before the bride and groom see one another.

The bride.The final blessings.


"Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." [Mark 10:9]

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am borrowing that outfit you are wearing!

    By the way--quit talking to me of goats! You are the goat!

    ReplyDelete