Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Shout Out to Cornestone

This story is for you, Cornerstone University...

Remember back in November when Thomas Mollhagen came and spoke at Evensong about the children's home he started in India? I know many of you felt led to give that night or in the following weeks to help purchase chickens, goats, and water buffalo for the children. This was intended to be for when Open Arms For Asia was able to purchase their own land and begin to raise these animals for food, selling, etc. I know for myself when I give money to organizations I often wonder in the back of my head whether they will actually use my money for what they say they will. This time I didn't have to wonder.
As you probably know, I am in India right now serving at the Open Arms For Asia children's home with Thomas Mollhagen and the rest of the staff. He took me his brother and law's factory the other day and showed me a place where they keep about twelve chickens and are incubating fourteen eggs. Three of these chickens are ready to lay eggs and in about a month we'll have over fiffty chickens. At another location there are two water buffalo and four goats that are being raised for us. There are also about five more chickens being purchased next week from the money sent by the Cornerstone women's soccer team. These animals were purchased with the money that was given by you that night at our Evensong gathering.

Know that your gift is being used in the way you thought it would be and that what started with only a few chickens is growing rapidly into something that will be of great profit to these children. Thank you for your financial support and for all of your prayers for this ministry. Know that all you have given is been used wisely and that God is blessing and multiplying it. Praise be to God!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Bre! It is such an amazing this to see how much something so little to us can make such a huge difference to those children!

    God truely has blessed you and given you such a gift! I'm so happy that you are spreading His love with so much passion! I miss seeing you here at Cornerstone, but I know that you are where you should be!

    I love this blog by the way...you have a way with words :)

    Your friend from CU - Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWEEE--That is an amazing picture of you and the children. You all smile the joy of the Lord. Praise the Lord my sister! I love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that Kyle read your blog to us tonight at Evensong and showed your pictures... Several people have already told me that they have been so encouraged by hearing that update. :-)

    Continue in Him and know that we are proud! He is using you..

    ReplyDelete