Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Under the Weather

Just when I get my blog up and running I am set back by the infamous food sickness common of many foreigners in a new land. After being quite barbaric my first few days here -- eating everything put in front of me -- I was unfortunately sentenced to two days of fever, throwing up, and an extremely upset stomach. My guess is that it was the papaya. It was no fun, but I might as well have gotten it over with now. I do praise God though for that time that I had amazing people come around me and caring for me.
First there is Thomas -- the guy who runs the whole show here on the India side of things. What a compassionate heart he has. For someone with so much responsibility on his hands, he cares for people on a very personable way. He never failed to come and check how I was doing, keep me company, and pray for me. He was always there for good conversation and much kindness. Then there is Peter -- the one who did everything in his power to help me get well again. He always made sure I had the medicine I needed, cold water to drink, juice and other foods to give me strength, and always the offer to get me anything I needed. He looks out for me as well. I also had Vijay care for me -- the "mother" to the children here and Tom and Peter's sister. I was told later she was worried about me so much for those two days and wished that she could help in some way. She doesn't know English or else so would have keep me company much more often. She has such a beautiful heart. After I was on the road to recovery she came in to give me a full body massage! She has such a caring heart.
Of course I can't forget the kids, the beautiful, beautiful kids. As I laid in bed I could hear them in the other room praying loudly for my healing. They are true prayer warriors. When I finally gained the strength to shower and come out of my room they were there, eager to give me all their smiles, love, hugs, and prayers. I am so blessed to have them in my life.

I'm over the worst of it now for sure and almost back to full strength. My appetite is still not there, but it will come. Thank you for those of you who were praying.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment