Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome to OAFA!

I knew from the moment I laid eyes on them that this is where God wanted me to be. As Peter, Tom and I pulled up in the car the children came running to greet us with the most beautiful smiles on their faces. The older girls had skipped school to be there to welcome us. As we walked up, they began singing to us and little Grace placed a beautiful necklace of flowers called a "dunda" around my neck. They had written with flower petals on the ground "Welcome to OAFA Peter Raghu and and Breana." It was so beautiful. It didn't take long for these kids to find a special place in my heart. They are some of the most beautiful kids I have ever known. Although I can not understand most of what they say, their smiles speak volumes of the love in their hearts. I am so thankful to be here and humbled that God would choose me to be a part of this powerful ministry. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy for you, Breana! :-D I know I've said it a million times already, but I was just wondering today if OAFA was really what you expected and if things were working out and if you were really enjoying it, even though it's only been a few days... I am so excited -- I just consider it an amazing answer to prayer, and I honestly couldn't be more thankful for God's providence in all of this and the joy you've found in it already. :-) Always praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete